photo credit (c) 2017 by Tristan Sullivan
As you can probably tell, I’ve been on a pizza streak, and I’d been thinking of how to make a New York-style white pizza 30/40/30. If you’ve never had a white pizza before, it’s basically the ultimate cheese pizza – ricotta and mozzarella married with oregano, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil on a thin and pillowy crust – simple and yet so damn delicious.
Surprisingly, this recipe was very easy to create and is the “ultimate” 30/40/30 recipe – 5 ingredients (without the seasoning), and it takes less than 30 minutes to make all 8 servings, including prep and baking time.
Who said that 30/40/30 food could be so sinfully delicious and easy to make in less than 30 minutes? ^_^
(makes 8 servings (1 slice per serving))
1 package 100-calorie white bagel or sandwich thins (I recommend Arnold’s PocketThins)
15 oz. (or one container) nonfat ricotta cheese
12 oz. (or one container) light mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Separate panini slims in half and place on a baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl, mix cheeses, olive oil, garlic, salt and spices until well-combined.
4. With a 1/2 measuring cup, add mixture on each panini halve and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until mozzarella cheese has melted and bread is slightly toasted.