I’ve been in another pizza mood again, and this time it happened by chance – I was reading an article on my phone when I somehow landed upon this gluten-free pizza recipe that included kale, chicken sausage and ranch – and boy, did those ingredients sound good! I figured that I would make my own version the macro way (without the quinoa crust) and alter some of the ingredients – omitting the marinara sauce and adding non-fat ricotta cheese to increase the protein content.
I’ve just finished trying out a sample, and wow, was this delicious! I’m glad I decided to make these as my new macro recipe for the week.
P.S. – just uploaded a new photo – thanks Tristan Sullivan for his amazing photography skills – he makes my food look delicious! 🙂
(makes 16 slices)
2 packages Trader Joe’s panini slims
1 10 oz. container frozen chopped kale, thawed and drained (yields approximately 1 cup)
1 package chicken-apple sausage (Johnsonville-brand recommended), diced in 1/8-inch cubes
1 15 oz. container nonfat ricotta cheese
1 12 oz. bag light shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic
1 1/2 tbsp. powdered ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, ricotta cheese and ranch seasoning and mix until well-combined.
- Add diced sausage, mozzarella cheese, garlic and olive oil and mix until well-combined.
- Separate panini slims and place halves on two large baking sheets. Using a 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp., measure out filling on the halves and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden-brown.