As an avid fan of Trader Joe’s products, I came upon Speculoos Cookie Butter a few years ago through the recommendation of my best friend, and his praise did not disappoint – this magical concoction reminded me of the consistency of peanut butter with notes of caramel and gingerbread. It was so delicious that I wondered how I had lived before ever knowing of its existence. I used to eat it on ice cream, graham crackers, waffles…it was a sweet heaven…
Fast forward two years, and here I am, with the realization that I needed to somehow combine this spread into something 40/30/30 friendly – so here I am, with another blondie recipe!
Similar to my Nutella brownie recipe, I tried to take advantage of the properties of the cookie butter spread by using it for both a carb and a fat – that way, I was able to fully maximize the flavor of the spread by cramming as much of it as I could in the recipe without going over the macros.
Isn’t it a good thing that you can basically do anything in macros, just as long as you use them properly? 🙂
(makes 24 blondies)
6 scoops vanilla protein powder (Quest-brand recommended)
5/8 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter
1/3 cup oat flour
1/4 cup liquid egg replacement (Egg Beaters-brand recommended)
1/2 unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup Truvia Baking Blend
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift protein powder, oat flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine Truvia and apple sauce and mix until well-combined. Add in the bowl with the dry ingredients and add eggs and vanilla.
- In a saucepan under very low heat, add cookie butter and mix until melted. Add to bowl with other ingredients.
- Add water and mix until all ingredients are well-combined.
- In a 9″ x 13″ baking pan, pour mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.